Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Letting Go of the Safety Lines

I've been reading a book titled The Barbarian Way by Erwin McManus. I'd like to recommend you get a copy and read it. The book really resonated with me because much of what he says is what God has been teaching me over the past few months, or even years. For example:

"... to follow Christ is to abandon the luxury of safety and security. If we are to be like Him, we must always risk for love. We are invited to follow Him with reckless abandon. The call of God is more than a leap of faith; it is a life of faith. Even when it seems beyond our abilities, we should not be surprised when God calls us to jump."

I'm tired of living a life of safety because I have discovered my soul always longs for something more. Safety is mediocrity, average, the norm, and it's totally boring. We were not designed to live boring lives.

Let's let go of the safety lines, trust God completely, and launch out to accomplish the impossible dream that lies deep in our soul, longing to be freed so that we can accomplish what our Creator designed us for.

Is it scary? You bet!
Is it worth it? It is more than worth it! It is exhilarating beyond words!

No comments: