Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Trip to Sudan

It is now only days until David Rodriguez, John de Leon, and I leave for Sudan. God has been so good to us. All the funds are in, David and John have their shots, but I don’t. However, I do have most of the stuff that I’ll need to take with me. Part of that is Christy’s suitcases which never got to her.

Here is our schedule:
We leave Brownsville on Tuesday, February 2, at 11:00 a.m. and fly to Houston. Flight time is 1:19.
We leave Houston at 4:25 p.m. and fly to Amsterdam. Flight time is 9:05.
We have 2:10 to get to our next gate and catch the next flight to Entebe. Flight time is 8:00.
We stay at Entebe overnight and then on Thursday we catch a short hop to Kajo Keji.

David and John return the following week, arriving back in Brownsville at 7:19 p.m. on February 11th.

I’ll be staying on and teaching at the Kajo Keji Bible School for a week, leaving there on February 16th, and then I’ll be accompanying Christy on her much needed R&R to Kampala and Entebe. On February 23 Christy will head back to Kajo Keji and I fly back to US, arriving in Brownsville on the 24th.

Please keep us all in your prayers. Your prayers make the difference! Your prayers push back the forces of evil. Please pray for us!

If you drop me a note at jimsteenland@gmail.com I’d be glad to send you the team prayer calendar.

No comments: